Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Hamburgers


I don't have a photo of them assembled because I wasn't thinking of putting it on here.

500g Pork Mince, Beef mince, or pork and veal mixed together would all be great
1 egg
small handful of fresh parsley
a couple of tablespoons of greek basil
a tablespoon of fresh oregano
1-2 teaspoons salt
2 cloves of garlic crushed
two slices of crust, chopped into small pieces

Mix everything together, I find it easier with my hands, I can mix it up better and ensure there's no clumps of herbs or bread. Sit in the fridge for an hour or so for the flavours to meld and for the bread to soften.

Mould into patties in the palm of your hand and cook in hot pan with peanut oil. Turn when brown. In a seperate pan fry some onions and bacon.

I just put them on nice thick toast bread with lettuce, tomato, cheese, mayonaisse and
BBQ sauce (and onions and bacon).

Absolutely delicious. I don't know how people can eat that mixed up mince from the fish and chip shop which has no flavouring blech........I've made a Thai variation before, where you add
. garlic
. coriander, fresh chopped
. onion
. bread
. fish sauce
. egg

and then on the bread I put carrot which has been cut with the peeler, snow pea sprouts and sweet chilli sauce. We all love them.

1 comments:

Tami said...

wonderful! made them tonight and the family loved them!!! Thanks!!