Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Salsa Chicken and Wedges





Tami: I'm so pleased that you and your family enjoyed the hamburgers. You have inspired me to continue on with my recipe blog. I just haven't taken the time of late, and often I make things which I forget........

Salsa Chicken and Wedges

Serves 2 adults and three kids.

Two large Chicken breast fillets cut horizontally to make more
a jar of salsa
thinly sliced ham
grated cheese

Wedges
5 pontiac potatoes (smallish)
1/2 tablespoon peanut oil
medium chilli powder
coarsely ground sea salt

Chop potatoes in quarters and place in a bowl with oil, chilli powder and salt. Mix with hands to cover. Place on tray with baking paper.

Using the excess oil, add the chicken breast pieces into the bowl and cover them with the chilli mixture too.

Place on baking papered tray. Layer a thin slice or two of ham, then grated cheese and then spoon on salsa. I find the thicker salsa works best rather than the really runny one as you lose some of the water and it can make a mess if you're not careful. Use a cookie tray that has sides, so it'll catch the excess juice.





Cook the wedges in hot oven for 15 mins. Turn oven down a bit to around 180 (350) and then cook the chicken and wedges for 20 mins. So the wedges have a total time of 35 mins - we like the crunchy here.....



Serve with a green salad.

0 comments: